What is an SEO Audit Report and why do you need one?
An SEO (search engine optimisation) Audit Report helps website owners identify what’s working and what’s not working on their website. With this information they can make appropriate changes within their website, aimed at ranking higher in the search engine results pages (serps) and increasing conversions.
Do you really need an SEO Audit Report?
Just because you have a well-designed website with all the bells and whistles, as well as engaging content and high-quality images, doesn’t mean that you will automatically rank high in the serps without optimising your website for the search engines.
If you don’t want to spend your time optimising your own website and prefer to rely on paid traffic instead of free organic traffic, then that’s fine. Just be aware that free traffic can make all the difference between a profitable and an unprofitable business; paid traffic can be a big help, but a mix of free and paid traffic is even better!
Why is an SEO Audit Report so important?
This is why an SEO Audit Report is so important for your website, because if your website is lost in the black hole of the internet, Google might not even index it, let alone decide to rank it highly in the serps. This means that when an online shopper searches for your products or services online, your website doesn’t even come close to the first page of Google.
We all know how often we look at page 2 or 3 in Google, so if your website is languishing on page 10, you are dead in the water! Even worse, some websites don’t even rank for their own business name in Google – how bad is that?
The bottom line is that if online shoppers can’t pull up your website in a simple search for your products or services, you may as well not even have a website. SEO is the strategy that fixes this problem and helps Google respond to your business in a positive way, ranking your website higher in the serps, and increasing traffic and conversions accordingly.
What’s included in an SEO Audit Report?
Every SEO Audit Report is different, but generally, a comprehensive SEO report should include the following information.
- Overall health of your website: This includes the structure of your pages, loading speeds, quality and quantity of content, keyword density, meta tags, images, graphics, backend code and lots more. We can also check out your hosting package, the type of server allocated to your website, caching profile and down times. Basically, we look at how well your website was initially designed from the ground up and the quality of your hosting package, searching for problems that will slow your website or prevent it from ranking highly in the serps.
- SEO health of your website: Here we compare your current rankings and traffic to the industry standards. We also examine visitor bounce rates, time on site and referrals via your analytics package, as well as your website’s internal linking structure, citations, anchor texts, site map and your social media profile.
- Alarm bells: We look for anything that will attract the attention of the search engines and negatively impact your website’s rankings in the serps. For example, spam backlinks, duplicate content, keyword stuffing, no sitemap, broken links, slow speeds, links to suspicious sites and so on. In addition, if your website has lost traffic and dropped rankings suddenly, we can identify whether this is due to a Google penalty, hacking event or a negative SEO campaign by a third party (it does happen!).
- Competitor audits: It’s essential to know why your competitors are ranking higher in the serps than your website, as this information helps you to revamp your website and rank even higher than the competition! It’s also vital to know what opportunities your competitors have ignored or not actioned, giving you a clear pathway to seriously outrank your competition in the serps.
- Keyword tracking: It’s important to know which of your keywords are ranking in the search engines and whether they are rising or dropping in rank. This information will help you to create a content strategy aimed at increasing your rankings in the serps.
As you can see, an SEO Audit Report will help to position your business for long term growth and keep you on the good side of Google!
Download your FREE SEO Audit Report today or contact RCS Websites to discuss how we can help you to increase traffic and conversions on your website.